Subcommittee Hearing: The State of Water Supply Reliability in the 21st Century
Washington, D.C. – The Water, Oceans, and Wildlife Subcommittee will hold a Feb. 26 hearing titled The State of Water Supply Reliability in the 21st Century. Witnesses at the hearing – part of the Natural Resources Committee’s historic month-long series of hearings examining climate change – will speak to our nation’s water supply challenges in the coming years, including the projected impact that climate change will have on shrinking snowpack, reduced precipitation, and warming temperatures.
The full witness list is available below. As with all hearings, the event is open to media and the public.
View the livestream on Facebook here http://bit.ly/2NtP0ct.
- Brad Udall, Senior Water and Climate Research Scientist, Colorado Water Institute, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO (testimony)
- Jonathan Nelson, Policy Director, Community Water Center, Visalia, CA (testimony)
- Tony Willardson, Executive Director, Western States Water Council, Murray, UT (testimony)
- Harrison Ibach, President, Humboldt Fishermen’s Marketing Association, Humboldt, CA (testimony)
- Bill Diedrich, Family Farm Alliance (testimony)