Pete Stauber (R-Minn.)
The Subcommittee on Energy and Mineral Resources oversees American energy production and mining on federal lands – both onshore and offshore. Republicans on the Subcommittee are committed to the environmentally responsible development of America’s vast energy and mineral resources that will expand our domestic energy supply, create new American jobs, lessen our dependence on foreign sources of energy and minerals, and generate revenue for federal and state treasuries.
Republicans on the Subcommittee support an all-of-the-above energy approach that includes alternative energy sources such as wind, solar, hydropower, biomass and nuclear, geothermal, along with American-made oil, clean coal, and natural gas.
Jurisdiction of the Subcommittee:
- All measures and matters concerning the U.S. Geological Survey, except for the activities and programs of the Water Resources Division or its successor.
- All measures and matters affecting geothermal resources.
- Conservation of United States uranium supply.
- Mining interests generally, including all matters involving mining regulation and enforcement, including the reclamation of mined lands, the environmental effects of mining, and the management of mineral receipts, mineral land laws and claims, long-range mineral programs and deep seabed mining.
- Mining schools, experimental stations and long-range mineral programs.
- Mineral resources on public lands.
- Conservation and development of oil and gas resources of the Outer Continental Shelf and public lands.
- Measures and matters concerning the transportation of natural gas from or within Alaska and disposition of oil transported by the trans-Alaska oil pipeline.
- Rights of way over public lands for underground energy-related transportation.
- Cooperative efforts to encourage, enhance and improve international programs for the protection of the environment and the conservation of natural resources otherwise within the jurisdiction of the Subcommittee.
- General and continuing oversight and investigative authority over activities, policies and programs within the jurisdiction of the Subcommittee.
- General and continuing oversight and investigative authority over activities policies and programs within the jurisdiction of the Subcommittee.
Vice Chairman Wesley Hunt