Legislative: NPFPL Legislative Hearing – June 23, 2022
On Thursday, June 23, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. ET, in room 1324 Longworth House Office Building and via Cisco WebExthe Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests, and Public Lands will hold a hybrid legislative hearing on the following bills:
- H.R. 2522 (Rep. Teresa Leger Fernandez, D-NM) To amend the John D. Dingell, Jr. Conservation, Management, and Recreation Act to establish the Cerro de la Olla Wilderness in the Río Grande del Norte National Monument and to modify the boundary of the Río Grande del Norte National Monument. Cerro De Olla Wilderness Act.
- H.R. 2882 (Rep. Steven Horsford, D-NV) To extend the authorization of the Mormon Pioneer National Heritage Area, to designate the Great Basin National Heritage Route in the State of Nevada as the “Great Basin National Heritage Area”, to designate the Great Basin Heritage Route Partnership as the “Great Basin Heritage Area Partnership”, to extend the authorization of the Great Basin National Heritage Area, and for other purposes. Great Basin National Heritage Area and Mormon Pioneer National Heritage Area Extension Act.
- H.R. 5355 (Rep. Jay Obernolte, R-CA) To convey certain Federal land in California to Apple Valley, California, Twentynine Palms, California, Barstow, California, and Victorville, California. Desert Community Lands Act.
- H.R. 6240 (Rep. Chris Stewart, R-UT) To release the reversionary interest of the United States in certain non-Federal land in Salt Lake City, Utah, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 7509 (Rep. Peter DeFazio, D-OR) To expand certain land administered by the Bureau of Land Management and Forest Service in the State of Oregon as wilderness and a national recreation area, and for other purposes. Wild Rogue Conservation and Recreation Enhancement Act.
Rep. Teresa Leger Fernandez (H.R. 2522)
New Mexico, 3rd District
Rep. Steven Horsford (H.R. 2882)
Nevada, 4th District
Rep. Chris Stewart (H.R. 6240)
Utah, 2nd District
Rep. Peter DeFazio (H.R. 7509)
Oregon, 4th District
National Conservation Lands and Community Partnerships
Bureau of Land Management
U.S. Department of the Interior
Ms. Darlene Vigil (H.R. 2522) (testimony)
District 3 Commissioner
Taos County, New Mexico
Ms. Karmolette O’Gilvie (H.R. 5355) (testimony)
Twentynine Palms, California
Mr. Jake Garfield (H.R. 6240) (testimony)
Utah Public Lands Policy Coordinating Office
Mr. Dean Finnerty (H.R. 7509) (testimony)
Angler Conservation Program Trout Unlimited
For hearing materials and schedules, please visit U.S. House of Representatives, Committee Repository at http://docs.house.gov/.