Legislative: NPFPL Legislative Hearing – June 14, 2022
On Tuesday, June 14, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. ET, in room 1324 Longworth House Office Building and via Cisco WebEx the Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests, and Public Lands will hold a hybrid legislative hearing on the following bills:
- H.R. 1548 (Rep. Matt Cartwright, D-PA) To establish a pilot program for native plant species, and for other purposes. Native Plant Species Pilot Program Act of 2021.
- H.R. 4658 (Rep. Ted Lieu, D-CA) To designate the Encinal Trailhead on the Backbone Trail in the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area as the “Anthony ‘Tony’ Beilenson Trailhead.” Beilenson Trailhead Designation Act.
- H.R. 6364 (Rep. Matt Cartwright, D-PA) To amend the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area Improvement Act to extend the exception to the closure of certain roads within the Recreation Area for local businesses, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 6442 (Rep. Russ Fulcher, R-ID) To amend section 101703 of title 54, United States Code, to include Tribal Governments and quasi-governmental entities, and for other purposes. PACTS Act.
- H.R. 7496 (Rep. Stacey Plaskett, D-VI) To direct the Secretary of the Interior to install a plaque at the peak of Ram Head in the Virgin Islands National Park on St. John, United States Virgin Islands, to commemorate the slave rebellion that began on St. John in 1733.
- H.R. 7615 (Rep. Blake Moore, R-UT) To authorize the Secretary of the Interior to enter into partnerships to develop housing, and for other purposes. LODGE Act.
- H.R. 7693 (Rep. Bruce Westerman, R-AR) To amend title 54, United States Code, to reauthorize the National Park Foundation. National Park Foundation Reauthorization Act of 2022.
- H.R. 7952 (Rep. Madeleine Dean, D-PA) To authorize the Secretary of the Interior to issue a right-of-way permit with respect to a natural gas distribution pipeline within Valley Forge National Historical Park, and for other purposes. Valley Forge Park Realignment Permit and Promise Act.''
Rep. Matt Cartwright (H.R. 1548 & H.R. 6364) Pennsylvania, 8th District
Rep. Ted Lieu (H.R. 4658) California, 2nd District
Rep. Russ Fulcher (H.R. 6442) Idaho, 1st District
Rep. Stacey Plaskett (H.R. 7496) Virgin Islands, At-Large
Rep. Blake Moore (H.R. 7615) Utah, 1st District
Rep. Bruce Westerman (H.R. 7615) Arkansas, 4th District
Rep. Madeleine Dean (H.R. 7952) Pennsylvania, 4th District
Deputy Director, Management and Administration
National Park Service
Ms. Karen Gilhuly (H.R. 1548) (testimony)
Chair, National Affairs and Legislation
The Garden Club of America
Ms. Margaret Everson (H.R. 6442 & H.R.7615) (testimony)
Oak Grove Initiative
Ms. Patrice Horstman (H.R. 6442 & H.R.7615) (testimony)
Chair, Board of Supervisors, Coconino County,
Dr. Hadiya Sewer, Ph.D. (H.R. 7496) (testimony)
President & Co-Founder
St.JanCo: the St. John Heritage Collective
Mr. Will Shafroth (H.R. 7693) (testimony)
President & CEO
National Park Foundation
For hearing materials and schedules, please visit U.S. House of Representatives, Committee Repository at http://docs.house.gov/.