Subcommittee Hearing: Healthy Oceans and Healthy Economies: The State of Our Oceans In the 21st Century
Washington, D.C. – The Water, Oceans, and Wildlife Subcommittee will hold a hearing on Thurs., Feb. 7, at 2:00 p.m. Eastern time in Longworth 1324 on climate change and ocean health. A full witness list is available below.
As with all Committee hearings, the event is open to press and the public.
Thursday’s hearing is the second in a monthlong series of Committee hearings on climate change impacts in our jurisdiction.
Watch the livestream on Facebook at http://bit.ly/2GtBqnZ. Read Subcommittee Chair Jared Huffman's opening statement here. Read Chair Grijalva's remarks here. Click here to read a letter from Ocean Conservancy that was submitted for the record.
- Dr. Deborah Bronk, President and CEO, Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences, East Boothbay, Maine (testimony)
- Carol Browner, Former Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, D.C. (testimony)
- Beth Casoni, Executive Director of the Massachusetts Lobstermen’s Association, Scituate, Mass. (testimony)
- Angela Chalk, Executive Director of Healthy Community Services, New Orleans, La. (testimony)
- Queen Quet Marquetta L. Goodwine, Chieftess and Head-of-State of the Gullah/Geechee Nation, St. Helena Island, S.C. (testimony)