NRDems Forum: Coronavirus Response in Indian Country
We’re fighting to ensure that Native Americans have the health care and economic support they need, both during and after the coronavirus pandemic. Resources for #CoronavirusIndianCountry have been severely lacking for too long, and it’s costing lives. We’re hosting a live roundtable on Friday, April 17 at 1 p.m. Eastern with Chair Raul M. Grijalva and tribal panelists to hear firsthand how the #Coronavirus is affecting Indian Country.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Chair Grijalva
- Peggy Flanagan, lieutenant governor of Minnesota
- Jonathan Nez, president of the Navajo Nation, which currently reports the highest per capita infection rate outside of New York and New Jersey
- Michael Chavarria, governor of the Pueblo of Santa Clara, New Mexico
- Jerilyn Church, chief executive officer of the Great Plains Tribal Chairmen’s Health Board
- Diana Zirul, vice chairwoman of the Alaska Native Health Board
Watch live at https://bit.ly/34z1qsg.