Full February Hearing Schedule Announced – Thursday Hearing in Water, Oceans, and Wildlife Panel Will Focus on Climate Change and Ocean Health
Washington, D.C. – The Water, Oceans, and Wildlife Subcommittee will hold a hearing on Thurs., Feb. 7, at 2:00 p.m. Eastern time in Longworth 1324 on climate change and ocean health. A full witness list is available below.
As with all Committee hearings, the event is open to press and the public.
Thursday’s hearing is the second in a monthlong series of Committee hearings on climate change impacts in our jurisdiction. The remaining hearing schedule is included at the end of this press release. Witnesses for those hearings will be announced closer to their respective dates.
Feb. 7 – Subcommittee on Water, Oceans, and Wildlife (2:00 p.m.)
- Dr. Deborah Bronk, President and CEO, Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences, East Boothbay, Maine
- Carol Browner, Former Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, D.C.
- Beth Casoni, Executive Director of the Massachusetts Lobstermen’s Association, Scituate, Mass.
- Angela Chalk, Executive Director of Healthy Community Services, New Orleans, La.
- Queen Quet Marquetta L. Goodwine, Chieftess and Head-of-State of the Gullah/Geechee Nation, St. Helena Island, S.C.
- Dr. David R. Legates, Professor of Climatology, University of Delaware, Newark, DE
- Dr. Kevin Dayaratna, Senior Statistician and Research Programmer, Institute for Economic Freedom, The Heritage Foundation, Washington, D.C.
Feb. 12 – Subcommittee on Energy and Mineral Resources (10:00 a.m.)
Feb. 12 – Subcommittee for Indigenous Peoples of the United States (2:00 p.m.)
Feb. 13 – Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests, and Public Lands (10:00 a.m.)
Feb. 26 – Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations (2:00 p.m.)
Media Contact: Adam Sarvana, Grijalva
(202) 225-6065 or (202) 578-6626 mobile
Next Article Previous Article