NEXT WEEK: Committee to Mark Up LWCF, Offshore Drilling and Other Bills, Hold Hearing on Bill to Increase Public Input in Oil & Gas Leasing
Washington, D.C. – The Committee on Natural Resources is holding a markup next Wednesday, June 19, at 10:00 a.m. Eastern time on a series of major environmental bills, including Rep. Jeff Van Drew’s (D-N.J.) bipartisan Land and Water Conservation Fund Permanent Funding Act. The Subcommittee on Energy and Mineral Resources will hold a hearing on Thursday at 10:00 a.m. Eastern titled Oil and Gas Development: Restoring Community Input and Public Participation in Leasing Decisions to discuss Rep. Mike Levin’s (D-Calif.) H.R. 3225.
Witness lists are available below. As with all hearings, these events are open to media and the public.
Full Committee Markup:
Hearing: Markup on H.R. 182, H.R. 205, H.R. 759, H.R. 1088, H.R. 1225, H.R.1305, H.R. 1365, H.R.1941, H.R. 2427, H.R. 2427, H.R. 2490, H.R. 3195
When: Wednesday, June 19, at 10:00 a.m. Eastern time
Where: 1324 Longworth House Office Building
- H.R. 182 (Rep. Keating), To extend the authorization for the Cape Cod National Seashore Advisory Commission.
- H.R. 205 (Rep. Rooney), To amend the Gulf of Mexico Energy Security Act of 2006 to permanently extend the moratorium on leasing in certain areas of the Gulf of Mexico. “Protecting and Securing Florida's Coastline Act of 2019”
- H.R. 759 (Rep. Babin), To restore an opportunity for tribal economic development on terms that are equal and fair, and for other purposes. “Ysleta del Sur Pueblo and Alabama-Coushatta Tribes of Texas Equal and Fair Opportunity Settlement Act”
- H.R. 1088 (Rep. Marshall), To authorize the Society of the First Infantry Division to make modifications to the First Division Monument located on Federal land in Presidential Park in District of Columbia, and for other purposes. “First Infantry Recognition of Sacrifice in Theater Act”
- H.R. 1225 (Rep. Bishop), To establish, fund, and provide for the use of amounts in a National Park Service and Public Lands Legacy Restoration Fund to address the maintenance backlog of the National Park Service, United States Fish and Wildlife Service, Bureau of Land Management, and Bureau of Indian Education, and for other purposes. “Restore Our Parks and Public Lands Act”
- H.R. 1305 (Rep. Lowenthal), To implement the Agreement on the Conservation of Albatrosses and Petrels, and for other purposes. “Albatross and Petrel Conservation Act”
- H.R. 1365 (Rep. San Nicolas), To make technical corrections to the Guam World War II Loyalty Recognition Act.
- H.R. 1941 (Rep. Cunningham), To amend the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act to prohibit the Secretary of the Interior including in any leasing program certain planning areas, and for other purposes. “Coastal and Marine Economies Protection Act”
- H.R. 2427 (Rep. Sarbanes), To amend the Chesapeake Bay Initiative Act of 1998 to reauthorize the Chesapeake Bay Gateways and Watertrails Network. “Chesapeake Bay Gateways and Watertrails Network Reauthorization Act of 2019”
- H.R. 2490 (Rep. Fortenberry), To amend the National Trails System Act to direct the Secretary of the Interior to conduct a study on the feasibility of designating the Chief Standing Bear National Historic Trail, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 3195 (Rep. Van Drew), To amend title 54, United States Code, to provide permanent, dedicated funding for the Land and Water Conservation Fund, and for other purposes. “Land and Water Conservation Fund Permanent Funding Act”
Subcommittee on Energy and Mineral Resources
Hearing: Oil and Gas Development: Restoring Community Input and Public Participation in Leasing Decisions
When: Thursday, June 20, at 10:00 a.m. Eastern time
Where: 1324 Longworth House Office Building
H.R. 3225 (Rep. Levin), To amend the Mineral Leasing Act to make certain adjustments in leasing on Federal lands for oil and gas drilling, and for other purposes. “Restoring Community Input and Public Protections in Oil and Gas Leasing Act of 2019”
Mr. Mike Nedd
Deputy Director, Operations
Bureau of Land Management
Department of the Interior
Mr. Bruce Baizel
Energy Program Director
Mr. Pete Kolbenschlag
Mountain West Strategies
Dr. Len Necefer
Assistant Professor, American Indian Studies
University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona
Founder and CEO, NativesOutdoors
Ms. Kathleen Sgamma
Western Energy Alliance
Media Contact: Adam Sarvana
(202) 225-6065 or (202) 578-6626 mobile
Next Article Previous Article