Livestreams Next Week: Tribal Water Resolution and Other Water Bills on Thursday
Washington, D.C. – The Natural Resources Committee is holding one livestreamed event next week.
Subcommittee on Water, Oceans, and Wildlife
The Subcommittee on Water, Oceans, and Wildlife, led by Chair Jared Huffman (D-Calif.), will hold a legislative hearing on the following bills:
- H.Res. 320 (Neguse), Recognizing the critical importance of access to reliable, clean drinking water for Native Americans and Alaska Natives and confirming the responsibility of the federal government to ensure such water access.
- H.R. 4832 (Susie Lee), To establish the Open Access Evapotranspiration (OpenET) Data Program. Open Access Evapotranspiration Data Act.
- H.R. 5001 (Neguse), To authorize the Secretary of the Interior to continue to implement endangered fish recovery programs for the Upper Colorado and San Juan River Basins, and for other purposes. Upper Colorado and San Juan River Basins Recovery Act.
- H.R. 5345 (Blake Moore), To authorize the Director of the United States Geological Survey to establish a regional program to assess, monitor, and benefit the hydrology of saline lakes in the Great Basin and the migratory birds and other wildlife dependent on those habitats, and for other purposes. Saline Lake Ecosystems in the Great Basin States Program Act of 2021.
Panel I: Congressional Panel
- Rep. Joe Neguse (D-Colo.)
- Rep. Susie Lee (D-Nev.)
- Rep. Blake Moore (R-Utah)
Panel II: Government Panel
- Ms. Tanya Trujillo (H.Res. 320, H.R. 4832, H.R. 5001, and H.R. 5345), Assistant Secretary for Water and Science, U.S. Department of the Interior
- Ms. Bidtah Becker (H.Res. 320 and H.R. 5001), Associate Attorney, Navajo Tribal Utility Authority
Panel III: Expert Witness Panel
- Ms. Sara Porterfield (H.R. 4831 and H.R. 5345), Water Policy Associate, Trout Unlimited
- Ms. Rebecca Mitchell (H.R. 5001), Director, Colorado Water Conservation Board
- Minority Witness TBD
When: 10:00 a.m. Eastern time
Watch Live: https://youtu.be/XRKuqzmYJHE
Media Contact: David Shen
(202) 225-6065 or (202) 860-6494 mobile
Next Article Previous Article