LIVESTREAM NEXT WEEK: Forests, Lands, and Monument Bills on Tuesday
Washington, D.C. – The Natural Resources Committee is holding one livestreamed event next week.
TUESDAY, MARCH 1
Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests, and Public Lands
The Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests, and Public Lands, led by Chair Joe Neguse (D-Colo.), will hold a legislative hearing on the following bills:
- H.R. 1638 (Dusty Johnson), To direct the Secretary of Agriculture to transfer certain National Forest System land to the State of South Dakota, and for other purposes. Gilt Edge Mine Conveyance Act.
- H.R. 4178 (Huffman), To extend the authority to collect Shasta-Trinity Marina fees through fiscal year 2027. Shasta-Trinity Marina Fee Extension.
- H.R. 5093 (Herrera Beutler), To direct the Secretary of Agriculture to transfer certain National Forest System land in the State of Washington to Skamania County, Washington. Wind River Administrative Site Conveyance Act.
- H.R. 5493 (Leger Fernandez), To provide for greater consultation between the Federal Government and the governing bodies and community users of land grant-mercedes in New Mexico, to provide for a process for recognition of the historic-traditional uses of land grant-mercedes, and for other purposes. Land Grant-Mercedes Traditional Use Recognition and Consultation Act.
- H.R. 6366 (Garamendi), To modify the boundary of the Berryessa Snow Mountain National Monument to include certain Federal land in Lake County, California, and for other purposes. Berryessa Snow Mountain National Monument Expansion Act.
- Rep. Dusty Johnson, South Dakota, At Large
- Rep. Jared Huffman, California, 2nd District
- Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler, Washington, 3rd District
- Rep. Teresa Leger Fernandez, New Mexico, 3rd District
- Rep. John Garamendi, California, 3rd District
- Mr. Greg Smith (All bills), Director of Lands and Realty Management, U.S. Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Mr. Mark Lambrecht (H.R. 5463 & H.R. 6366), Assistant Director, National Landscape Conservation System, Bureau of Land Management
- Mr. Anthony Roberts (H.R. 6366), Tribal Chairman, Yocha Dehe Wintun Nation
- Mr. Hunter Roberts (H.R. 1638), Secretary, South Dakota Department of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Mr. Paul Hauser (H.R. 4178), General Manager, Trinity Public Utility District
- Mr. Tom Lannen (H.R. 5093), District 2 Commissioner, Skamania County, Wash.
- Mr. Arturo Archuleta (H.R. 5493), Program Manager, New Mexico Land Grant Council
- Mr. Eddie Crandell (H.R. 6366), District 3 Supervisor, Lake County, Calif.
When: 10:00 a.m. Eastern time
Watch Live: https://youtu.be/gE80xawycUo
Media Contact: Lindsay Gressard
(202) 225-6065 or (202) 740-4715 mobile
Next Article Previous Article