Legislative: Remote WOW Legislative Hearing – November 4, 2021
On Thursday, November 4, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. ET, the Subcommittee on Water, Oceans, and Wildlife will hold a virtual, fully remote legislative hearing on the following bills:
- H.Res. 320 (Rep. Joe Neguse, D-CO), Recognizing the critical importance of access to reliable, clean drinking water for Native Americans and Alaska Natives and confirming the responsibility of the Federal Government to ensure such water access.
- H.R. 4832 (Rep. Susie Lee, D-NV), To establish the Open Access Evapotranspiration (OpenET) Data Program. Open Access Evapotranspiration Data Act.
- H.R. 5001 (Rep. Joe Neguse, D-CO), To authorize the Secretary of the Interior to continue to implement endangered fish recovery programs for the Upper Colorado and San Juan River Basins, and for other purposes. Upper Colorado and San Juan River Basins Recovery Act.
- H.R. 5345 (Rep. Blake Moore, R-UT), To authorize the Director of the United States Geological Survey to establish a regional program to assess, monitor, and benefit the hydrology of saline lakes in the Great Basin and the migratory birds and other wildlife dependent on those habitats, and for other purposes. Saline Lake Ecosystems in the Great Basin States Program Act of 2021.
Panel I: Congressional Panel
- Rep. Joe Neguse (D-Colo.)
- Rep. Susie Lee (D-Nev.)
- Rep. Blake Moore (R-Utah)
Panel II: Federal and Tribal Government Panel
- Ms. Tanya Trujillo (H.Res. 320, H.R. 4832, H.R. 5001, and H.R. 5345), Assistant Secretary for Water and Science, U.S. Department of the Interior (testimony)
- Ms. Bidtah Becker (H.Res. 320 and H.R. 5001), Associate Attorney, Navajo Tribal Utility Authority (testimony)
Panel III: Expert Witness Panel
- Ms. Rebecca Mitchell (H.R. 5001), Director, Colorado Water Conservation Board (testimony)
- Dr. Sara Porterfield (H.R. 4832 and H.R. 5345), Water Policy Associate, Trout Unlimited (testimony)
- Hon. Joel Ferry (H.R. 5345), District 1 Representative, Utah House of Representatives (minority witness) (testimony)
This hearing will take place via Cisco WebEx online video conferencing and will be streamed on YouTube. For hearing materials and schedules, please visit U.S. House of Representatives, Committee Repository at http://docs.house.gov/.