Legislative: NPFPL Legislative Hearing – July 13, 2021
On Tuesday, July 13, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. EDT, the Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests, and Public Lands (NPFPL) will hold a virtual, fully remote legislative hearing on the following bills:
- H.R. 2049 (Rep. Jimmy Panetta), To amend the Forest and Rangeland Renewable Resources Planning Act of 1974 to promote reforestation following unplanned events on Federal land, and for other purposes. Repairing Existing Public Land by Adding Necessary Trees (REPLANT) Act.
- H.R. 2816 (Rep. Kim Schrier), To provide for the Forest Service Legacy Roads and Trails Remediation Program. Legacy Roads and Trails Act.
- H.R. 3211 (Rep. Joe Neguse), To require the Secretary of Agriculture to establish a Joint Chiefs Landscape Restoration Partnership program, and for other purposes. Joint Chiefs Landscape Restoration Partnership Act of 2021.
- H.R. 3132 (Rep. Mark Amodei), To reauthorize the Lake Tahoe Restoration Act, and for other purposes. Lake Tahoe Restoration Reauthorization Act.
- H.R. 4300 (Rep. Mariannette Miller-Meeks), To direct the Secretary of the Interior to make free National Parks and Federal Recreation Lands Passes available to members of the Armed Forces, and for other purposes. Veterans in Parks (VIP) Act. (bill text attached)
The hearing will take place on the Cisco WebEx platform.
Representative Jimmy Panetta (H.R. 2049)
Representative Kim Schrier (H.R. 2816)
Representative Joe Neguse (H.R. 3211)
Representative Mark Amodei (H.R. 3132)
Representative Marianette Miller-Meeks (H.R. 4300)
Barnie Gyant (H.R. 2049, H.R. 2816, H.R. 3211, H.R. 3132) (testimony)
Associate Deputy Chief, National Forest System
U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service
Jad Daley (H.R. 2049) (testimony)
President & CEO
Chris Wood (H.R. 2816) (testimony)
President & CEO
Gretchen Reuning (H.R. 3211) (testimony)
Forest Program Director
Fort Collins Conservation District
Captain John Paluska, USA (Ret.) (H.R. 4300) (testimony)
Dr. Elaine Oneil (H.R. 2049) (testimony)
Director of Science and Sustainability
CORRIM – The Consortium for Research on Renewable Industrial Materials