Subcommittee Hearing: NPFPL Legislative Hearing – April 28, 2022
On Thursday, April 28, 2022 at 2:00 p.m. (ET), the Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests, and Public Lands will hold a legislative hearing on the following bills:
- H.R. 4878 (Rep. Mark DeSaulnier), To amend the National Trails System Act to include national discovery trails and designate the American Discovery Trail, and for other purposes. National Discovery Trails Act.
- H.R. 6589 (Rep. Leger Fernández), To amend title 54, United States Code, to increase amounts deposited in the Historic Preservation Fund, and for other purposes. Historic Preservation Enhancement Act.
- H.R. 6805 (Rep. Alma Adams), To amend title 54, United States Code, to establish within the National Park Service the United States African-American Burial Grounds Preservation Program, and for other purposes. African-American Burial Grounds Preservation Act.
- H.R. 7002 (Rep. Ann Wagner), To authorize the Gateway Arch in St. Louis, Missouri, to be illuminated by blue and yellow lights in support of Ukraine. Gateway Solidarity Act.
- H.R. 7075 (Rep. Victoria Spartz), To designate Ukrainian Independence Park in Washington, District of Columbia, and for other purposes. Ukrainian Independence Park Act.
- H.R. 7218 (Rep. Joe Neguse), To amend the Omnibus Public Land Management Act of 2009 to reauthorize the Sangre de Cristo National Heritage Area, Cache La Poudre National Heritage Area, and South Park National Heritage Area in the State of Colorado, and for other purposes. Colorado National Heritage Areas Reauthorization Act.
Rep. Mark DeSaulnier (H.R. 4878) California, 11th District
Rep. Leger Fernández (H.R. 6589) New Mexico, 3rd District
Rep. Ann Wagner (H.R. 7002) Missouri, 2nd District
Rep. Victoria Spartz (H.R. 7075) Indiana, 5th District
Rep. Joe Neguse (H.R. 7218) Colorado, 2nd District
Ms. Joy Beasley (All Bills) (testimony)
Cultural Resources, Partnerships, and Science National Park Service
Eric Seaborg (H.R. 4878) (testimony)
American Discovery Trail Society
Mr. Reno Keoni Franklin (H.R. 6589) (testimony)
Kashia Pomo Tribe
Mr. Nick Loris (H.R. 6589) (testimony)
Vice President of Public Policy
North Carolina African American Heritage Commission
North Carolina Department of Natural and Cultural Resources
Mr. Michael Sawkiw (H.R. 7075) (testimony)
Vice President, Ukrainian Congress Committee of America
Director, Ukrainian National Information Service
Ms. Sabrina Stoker (H.R. 7218) (testimony)
Poudre Heritage Alliance
For hearing materials and schedules, please visit U.S. House of Representatives, Committee Repository at http://docs.house.gov/.