Legislative: Hybrid WOW Legislative Hearing – June 16, 2022
On Thursday, June 16, 2022 at 9:00 a.m. ET, in room 1324 Longworth House Office Building and via Cisco WebEx, the Subcommittee on Water, Oceans, and Wildlife will hold a hybrid legislative hearing on the following bills:
- H.R. 4768 (Rep. David Joyce, R-OH) To require the Secretary of the Army to initiate at least 5 projects to reduce the loss and degradation of Great Lakes coastal wetlands, and for other purposes. Detrimental Erosion Forcing Enhanced Needs to Defend (DEFEND) the Great Lakes Act.
- H.R. 6936 (Rep. Elise Stefanik, R-NY) To provide for the issuance of a semipostal to benefit programs that combat invasive species. Stamp Out Invasive Species Act.
- H.R. 6949 (Rep. Dwight Evans, D-PA) To amend the Water Infrastructure Improvements for the Nation Act to reauthorize Delaware River Basin conservation programs, and for other purposes. Delaware River Basin Conservation Reauthorization Act of 2022.
- H.R. 7398 (Rep. Steve Cohen, D-TN) To prohibit wildlife killing contests on public lands, and for other purposes.Prohibit Wildlife Killing Contests Act of 2022.
- H.R. 7792 (Rep. Melanie Stansbury, D-NM) To provide for a national water data framework, and for other purposes. Water Data Act.
- H.R. 7793 (Rep. Melanie Stansbury, D-NM) To provide for the water security of the Rio Grande Basin, to reauthorize irrigation infrastructure grants, and for other purposes. Rio Grande Water Security Act.
- H.R. 7801 (Rep. Mike Levin, D-CA) To amend the Coastal Zone Management Act of 1972 to allow the Secretary of Commerce to establish a Coastal and Estuarine Resilience and Restoration Program, and for other purposes.
Panel I: Congressional Witnesses
Representative Melanie Stansbury (H.R. 7792 and 7793)
New Mexico, 1st Congressional District
Representative Dwight Evans (H.R. 6949)
Pennsylvania, 3rd Congressional District
Panel II: Expert Witnesses
Stephanie Garcia Richard (H.R. 7398) (testimony)
Commissioner of Public Lands
New Mexico State Land Office
Santa Fe, NM
Nikki Ghorpade (H.R. 6949 and H.R. 7801) (testimony)
Government Affairs Manager
Great Lakes/Atlantic Region
Mike A. Hamman, P.E. (H.R. 7792 and H.R. 7793) (testimony)
State of New Mexico
Dr. Timothy Mihuc (H.R. 6936) (testimony)
Lake Champlain Research Institute SUNY Plattsburgh
For hearing materials and schedules, please visit U.S. House of Representatives, Committee Repository at http://docs.house.gov/.