Full Committee Markup: Hybrid FC Markup 7.29.20
On Wednesday, July 29, 2020 at 10:00 A.M. (EDT) in room 2167 Rayburn HOB and via the Cisco Webex online video conferencing platform, and livestreamed on the Committee’s Facebook live and YouTube pages, the Committee on Natural Resources is scheduled to hold a markup to consider the following bills:
- S. 294 (Sen. Udall), A bill to establish a business incubators program within the Department of the Interior to promote economic development in Indian reservation communities. Native American Business Incubators Program Act.
- H.R. 1031 (Rep. Vargas), To take certain land located in San Diego County, California, into trust for the benefit of the Pala Band of Mission Indians, and for other purposes. Pala Band of Mission Indians Land Transfer Act of 2019.
- H.R. 1267 (Rep. Gianforte), To designate a mountain ridge in the State of Montana as "B-47 Ridge". B-47 Ridge Designation Act.
- H.R. 3682 (Rep. Luján), To provide for greater consultation between the Federal Government and the governing bodies of land grant-mercedes and acequias in New Mexico and to provide for a process for recognition of the historic-traditional boundaries of land grant-mercedes, and for other purposes. Land Grant and Acequia Traditional Use Recognition and Consultation Act.
- H.R. 3879 (Rep. Haaland), To modify the procedures for issuing special recreation permits for certain public land units, and for other purposes. SOAR Act, or Simplifying Outdoor Access for Recreation Act.
- H.R. 4299 (Rep. Velázquez), To reauthorize through 2024 the National Geological and Geophysical Data Preservation Program Act of 2005. Data Preservation Act of 2019.
- H.R. 4888 (Rep. Schrader), To amend the Grand Ronde Reservation Act, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 5040 (Rep. Curtis), To direct the Director of the Bureau of Land Management to study the effects of drone incursions on wildfire suppression, and for other purposes. AIR Safety Act of 2019, or Aerial Incursion Repercussion Safety Act of 2019.
- H.R. 6237 (Rep. Gallego), To amend the Indian Health Care Improvement Act to clarify the requirement of the Department of Veterans Affairs and the Department of Defense to reimburse the Indian Health Service for certain health care services. PRC for Native Veterans Act, or Proper and Reimbursed Care for Native Veterans Act.
- H.R. 6535 (Rep. Gallego), To deem an urban Indian organization and employees thereof to be a part of the Public Health Service for the purposes of certain claims for personal injury, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 6636 (Rep. Bonamici), To amend the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017 to address sexual harassment involving National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration personnel, and for other purposes. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Sexual Harassment and Assault Prevention Improvements Act of 2020.
- H.R. 7045 (Rep. Case), To require the Secretary of Agriculture to conduct a study on lands that could be included in a National Forest in Hawai'i, and for other purposes.
- H.R 7119 (Rep. Young), To convey land in Anchorage, Alaska, to the Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium, and for other purposes. Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium Land Transfer Act of 2020.
- H.R. 7489 (Rep. Wittman), To authorize the Secretary of the Interior to convey to the Commonwealth of Virginia or the District of Columbia certain Federal land under the administrative jurisdiction of the National Park Service for the construction of rail and other infrastructure, and for other purposes. Long Bridge Act of 2020.