Legislative: Hearing on Federal Land Bills
LEGISLATIVE HEARING ON:
- H.R. 5706, the World War II Pacific Sites Establishment Act (Rep. Colleen Hanabusa of Hawaii), To establish the Pearl Harbor National Memorial in the State of Hawai’i and the Honouliuli National Historic Site in the State of Hawai’i, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 6108, the Preserving America’s Battlefields Act (Rep. Jody Hice of Georgia), To provide for partnerships among State and local governments, regional entities, and the private sector to preserve, conserve, and enhance the visitor experience at nationally significant battlefields of the American Revolution, War of 1812, and Civil War, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 6118 (Rep. David Rouzer of North Carolina), To direct the Secretary of the Interior to annually designate at least one city in the United States as an ‘American World War II Heritage City’, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 6365, the Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo Land Claims Act of 2018 (Rep. Steven Pearce of New Mexico), A bill to establish the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo Land Grant-Merced Claims Commission and other Federal policies for the restoration of land for hardships resulting from the incomplete and inequitable implementation of the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, to affirm Land Grand-Merced property rights protected by the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 6682, the Protection and Transparency for Adjacent Landowners Act (Rep. Scott Tipton of Colorado), A bill to amend the Federal Land Policy and Management Act of 1976 to improve the transparency and oversight of land conveyances involving disposal or acquisition of National Forest System Lands or Bureau of Land Management public lands, to provide protections and certainty for private landowners related to resurveying such public lands, and for other purposes.
Member of CongressColorado’s 3rd District
John L. Nau III
Chairman EmeritusAmerican Battlefield TrustHouston, TX
Jody B. Hice
Member of CongressGeorgia’s 10th District
Mr. Wilbur D. Jones, Jr.
ChairmanWorld War II Wilmington Home Front Heritage CoalitionWilmington, N.C.
Member of CongressNorth Carolina’s 7th District
Member of CongressNew Mexico’s 2nd District
Member of CongressHawaii’s 1st District