Policy Aide - Subcommittee on Energy and Mineral Resources
The Democratic staff of the House Natural Resources Committee seeks an organized, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented Policy Aide on the Energy and Mineral Resources Subcommittee. The position requires organizational, time management, verbal, and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Candidates should be passionate about issues within the Natural Resources Committee’s jurisdiction and possess basic knowledge of the Committee process. The position also requires a firm commitment to the Committee’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) goals and the ability to take on higher-level tasks as needed.
The Policy Aide will be responsible for managing the logistics of subcommittee hearings, providing administrative services to Members and staff, and assisting the Subcommittee team with legislative, oversight, outreach, and press projects.
- Serving as the face of the Subcommittee by greeting visitors, taking calls, and coordinating with Member offices.
- Managing all administrative aspects of hearings.
- Contacting witnesses and managing their hearing materials.
- Drafting, editing, and/or organizing hearing memorandum, statements, and questions.
- Drafting, editing, and/or organizing Subcommittee information for Committee bill reports.
- Drafting, editing, and/or organizing Committee letters and document requests.
- Taking meetings on behalf of Subcommittee staff.
- Coordinating schedules with the Subcommittee Chair and the Chief Clerk.
- Assist the Chief Clerk during Full Committee Markups, as needed.
The position is based in Washington, D.C., although is currently remote. The Policy Aide will be expected to work in office when we resume normal operations. Women, LGBTQ+, and minority candidates are encouraged to apply. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, disability, or age.
To apply, address your application materials to Staff Director of Energy and Mineral Resources, Becky Cairns at NRDems.Resumes@mail.house.gov with the subject line “HNRC EMR PA Application” by COB Friday June 25th, 2021. Include a cover letter, resume, and short writing sample.
If you have not heard back by July 23rd, we have moved forward with another candidate.