Policy Aide - Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests, and Public Lands
The Democratic staff of the House Natural Resources Committee seeks an organized, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented Policy Aide on the National Parks, Forests, and Public Lands Subcommittee. The position requires strong organizational, time management, and verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Candidates should be passionate about issues within the Natural Resources Committee’s jurisdiction, and possess basic knowledge of the Committee process. The position also requires a firm commitment to the Committee’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) goals and the ability to take on higher-level tasks as needed.
The Policy Aide will be responsible for managing the logistics of Subcommittee hearings, providing administrative services to Members and staff, and assisting the Subcommittee team with legislative, oversight, outreach, and press projects.
- Serving as the face of the Subcommittee by greeting visitors, taking calls, and coordinating with Member offices and external stakeholders.
- Managing all administrative aspects of hearings.
- Contacting witnesses and managing their hearing materials.
- Drafting, editing, and/or organizing hearing memorandum, statements, and questions.
- Drafting, editing, and/or organizing Subcommittee information for Committee bill reports.
- Drafting, editing, and/or organizing Committee letters and document requests.
- Taking meetings on behalf of Subcommittee staff.
- Coordinating schedules with the Subcommittee Chair and the Chief Clerk.
- Assisting the Chief Clerk during full Committee Markups, as needed.
The position is based in Washington, D.C., although it is currently remote. The Policy Aide will be expected to work in the office when we resume normal operations. Women, LGBTQ+, and minority candidates are encouraged to apply. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, disability, or age.
To apply, address your application materials to Subcommittee Staff Director, Brandon Bragato, at NRDems.Resumes@mail.house.gov with the subject line “NPFPL Policy Aide Application” by COB Friday October 1, 2021. Please include a cover letter, resume, and short writing sample.