Thank you for your interest in the House Natural Resources Committee Democrats internship program. We currently have the following positions available:
Digital Production Intern
House Natural Resources Committee majority seeks a Digital Production Intern to support the Video Producer in generating, editing and publicizing professional-quality video content. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker with a basic understanding of congressional operations and the Committee’s jurisdiction and an interest in producing video content for public consumption.
The Digital Production Intern will assist the Video Producer with shooting and editing as needed to produce Committee-branded videos. Candidates should be familiar with working within the Adobe Creative software environment. The strongest candidate will have experience operating cameras, be able to write captions with minimal oversight, edit footage and contribute as needed to the daily video production schedule.
The internship is paid. This position is based in Washington, D.C.
- Bachelor’s degree or current study in journalism, graphic design or a related field.
- Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with others
- Adobe Creative Suite
Specific focus on Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects
- Working experience with cameras, DSLR or Camcorders
Please send resume and two video clips with the subject line “Digital Production Intern” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Minorities, women, and LGBTQ persons are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Committee offers opportunities for paid, full-time Legislative Interns. Applicants must be able to follow direction, work independently, possess clear and concise writing skills, excellent organizational abilities, strong research capabilities, and exceptional interpersonal skills. Primary duties include:
- Researching legislative policy issues related to the Committee’s jurisdiction
- Attending committee hearings, markups, briefings and meetings
- Conducting background studies
- Performing stakeholder outreach
- Answering phone calls
- Sorting and distributing mail
- Compiling data and statistics
- Drafting correspondence
- Assembling committee documents
- Tracking House floor proceedings
Committee internships run concurrently with college semesters and/or quarters; from January - April for spring, May - August for summer, and September - December for fall/winter internships. Interns are responsible for lodging and transportation.
***NOTE: The application for the summer session has closed and interns have been selected. Please refer back at a later date for Fall Session openings.