Energy Security and Transportation Jobs Act (H.R. 3410)
February 1, 2012 Full Committee Markup

WASHINGTON, D.C., February 1, 2012 -

Reporting H.R. 3410 Out of Committee (Passed 25-19. View Roll Call Vote)
This bill ends the President’s offshore drilling ban by requiring the Secretary of the Interior to issue leases in new offshore ears containing the most oil and natural gas resources. It also requires the Secretary to conduct lease sales that were delayed for canceled by the Obama Administration and establish a fair and equitable revenue sharing program.

Sarbanes Amendment #03 (Failed 12-25. View Roll Call Vote)
This amendment strikes the Virginia Lease Sale 220 from the legislation.

DeFazio Amendment #10 (Failed 15-25. View Roll Call Votes)
This amendment strikes the North Aleutian Basin lease sale from the legislation.

Garamendi Amendment #06 (Failed 17-25. View Roll Call Votes)
This amendment would require at least 60% of all oil and natural gas facilities constructed after the enactment of the legislation is constructed of equipment and materials produced in the United States. This unreasonable requirement could delay energy production and significantly increase the cost to American consumers.

Garamendi #071 (Failed 15-27. View Roll Call Votes)
This amendment strikes the Southern California lease sale from the legislation.

Tsongas Amendment #04 (Failed 15-27. View Roll Call Votes)
This amendment mandates third party safety inspection for any drilling operations conducted under leases issued under this legislation. Third party inspections are duplicative and will significantly delay any energy production scheduled to occur under leases originating from this legislation.

Tsongas Amendment #12 (Failed 16-27. View Roll Call Votes)
This amendment prohibits any offshore leasing to occur in Georges Bank and requires the Secretary to indentify the specific coordinates of Georges Bank.

Grijalva Amendment #05 offered by Markey (Failed 14-30. View Roll Call Vote)
This amendment requires that all oil and natural gas produced under a lease resulting from this legislation be offered for sale only in the United States. Oil production in the United Sates is subject to the Administrative Export Act, which already guarantees oil produced in the United Sates will stay in the country.

Holt Amendment #099 (Failed 18-27. View Roll Call Vote)
This amendment ensures that nothing in the legislation would reduce revenues to the Land and Water Conservation Trust Fund.

Markey Amendment #01 (Failed 16-28. View Roll Call Vote)
This amendment would direct 87.5 percent of OCS revenues to the general Treasury and the remaining 12.5 percent to the Land and Water Conservation Fund. Coastal states deserve fair and equitable compensation for the increased infrastructure and maintenance needed to support energy development.

Garamendi Amendment to the Runyan Amendment #025 (Failed 20-24. View Roll Call Vote)
This amendment requires a state wide referendum, issued by the Governor of a state, within the offshore boundaries of oil and gas production allowed under this legislation. America’s Outer Continental Shelf belongs to all Americans, not just those residing on costal states and the benefits of developing our OCS resources should be enjoyed by all Americans.

* For complete legislative action for the February 1, 2012 Full Committee Markup, click here.




CONNECT