Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests and Public Lands Legislative Hearing on H.R. 2297, H.R. 2299, H.R. 5335, H.R. 5671, H.R. 5853, H.R. 6159, H.R. 6176, and H.R. 6305
Tuesday, July 15, 2008 10:00 AM
SUBCOMMITTEE ON NATIONAL PARKS, FORESTS AND PUBLIC LANDS
1324 Longworth House Office Building
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
LEGISLATIVE HEARING ON:
- H.R. 2297 (Giffords): To amend the National Trails System Act to designate the Arizona National Scenic Trail. "Arizona National Scenic Trail Act"
- H.R. 2299 (Heller): To direct the Secretary of the Interior to convey to the City of Henderson, Nevada, certain Federal land located in the City, and for other purposes. "Southern Nevada Limited Transition Area Act"
- H.R. 5335 (Wamp): To amend the National Trails System Act to provide for the inclusion of new trail segments, land components, and campgrounds associated with the Trail of Tears National Historic Trail, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 5671 (Herger): To amend the laws establishing the Whiskeytown-Shasta-Trinity National Recreation Area and the Columbia River National Gorge National Scenic Area, units of the National Forest System derived from the public domain, to authorize the Secretary of Agriculture to retain and utilize special use permit fees collected by the Secretary in connection with the operation of marinas in the recreation area and the operation of the Multnomah Falls Lodge in the scenic area, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 5853 (Tsongas): To expand the boundary of the Minute Man National Historical Park in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to include Barrett's Farm, and for other purposes. "Minute Man National Historical Park Boundary Revision Act"
- H.R. 6159 (George Miller): To provide for land exchange involving certain National Forest System lands in the Mendocino National Forest in the State of California, and for other purposes. "Deafy Glade Land Exchange Act"
- H.R. 6176 (Rodriguez): To authorize the expansion of the Fort Davis National Historic Site in Fort Davis, Texas, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 6305 (Pelosi): To clarify the authorization for the use of certain National Park Service properties within Golden Gate National Parks and San Francisco Maritime National Historic Park, and for other purposes.
WITNESSES AND TESTIMONY:
Representative Wally Herger (CA-02)
Representative Zach Wamp (TN-03)
Representative Earl Blumenauer (OR-03)
Representative Ciro D. Rodriguez (TX-23)
Representative Gabrielle Giffords (AZ-08)
Representative Dean Heller (NV-02)
Representative Niki Tsongas (MA-05)
Daniel N. Wenk
National Park Service
Department of the Interior
Associate Deputy Chief
The Honorable James B. Gibson
The Honorable John M. Vasquez
Solano County Board of Supervisors
Arizona Trails Association
Texas Senior Program Manager
National Parks Conservation Association
Chief Operating Officer
Water Resorts Incorporated