Full Committee Hearing on: H.R. 4751
Wednesday, October 4, 2000
, to recognize entry of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico into permanent union with the United States based on a delegation of government powers to the United States by the people of Puerto Rico constituted as a Nation, to guarantee irrevocable United States citizenship as a right under the United States Constitution for all persons born in Puerto Rico, and for other purposes. "Puerto Rico-United States Bilateral Pact of Non-Territorial Permanent Union and Guaranteed Citizenship Act".
- The Honorable Dan Burton (R-IN), U.S. House of Representatives, Washington, D.C.
- Mr. Walter E. Dellinger, Professor of Law, O'Melveny & Myers, Washington, D.C.
- Mr. Jeff Farrow, Co-Chair, The President's Interagency Group on Puerto Rico, Washington, D.C.
- Mr. William M. Treanor, Deputy Assistant Attorney General, Office of Legal Counsel and Member of The President's Interagency Group on Puerto Rico, U.S. Department of Justice, Washington, D.C.
- Mr. Robert Dalton, Assistant Legal Advisor for Treaty Affairs, U.S. Department of State, Washington, D.C.
- Mr. Dick Thornburgh, Esq., Kirkpatrick & Lockhart LLP, Washington, D.C.
- The Honorable Angel E. Rotger-Sabat, Attorney General, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- The Honorable Charlie Rodriguez, President, Senate of Puerto Rico, San Juan, Puerto Rico
Revised: October 4, 2000 (11:29AM)
# # #