Subcommittee on National Parks and Public Lands Hearing on: H.R.2752, H.R.4312, H.R.4613, H.R.4721
Thursday, July 13, 2000
, to give Lincoln County, Nevada, the right to purchase at fair market value certain public land located within that county, and for other purposes.
, to direct the Secretary of the Interior to conduct a study of the suitability and feasibility of establishing an Upper Housatonic Valley National Heritage Area in the State of Connecticut and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and for other purposes.
, to amend the National Historic Preservation Act for purposes of establishing a national historic lighthouse preservation program.
, to provide for all right, title, and interest in and to certain property in Washington County, Utah, to be vested in the United States.
- Representative Nancy Johnson, R-CT (H.R.4312)
- Pete Culp, Assistant Director for Minerals, Realty and Resource Protection (H.R.2752, H.R.4721) Bureau of Land Management
- Katherine H. Stevenson, Associate Director (H.R.4312, H.R.4613) Cultural Resource Stewardship and Partnerships / National Park Service
- Ronald D. Jones, Connecticut Co-Chair of the Tri-Corners Council (H.R.4312) Upper Housatonic Valley Heritage Area
- Henry I. Gonzalez, Vice President, East Coast Operations (H.R.4613) United States Lighthouse Society
- Richard Moehl, President (H.R.4613) Great Lakes Lighthouse Keeper's Association
Additional Testimony for the Record
- Janine Blaeloch, Director, (H.R.4721) Western Land Exchange Project, Seattle, Washington